Social Media Associate/Content Writer
The Clarksburg Chamber of Commerce (CCC) is seeking a part time Social Media Associate/Content Writer*. This self-motivated writer will create and publish 10-15 articles per month about Clarksburg Chamber of Commerce activities and members.
The position will support the President of the Chamber in managing social media pages and assist with online announcements. The articles will be used in direct mailings, on the CCC web site, and on the CCC Facebook and Instagram accounts.
* “A content marketing writer is an expert communicator who is responsible for creating online written content – blogs, articles, social media copy, and more – that builds trust and loyalty with readers while engaging and informing them.” (https://expresswriters.com/how-to-write-content-for-digital-marketing-video/)
- Think like a journalist rather than a marketer. Write a story that matters to your audience and provides them with insights.
- Start with choosing a topic that resonates with readers.
- Look for a tie-in to current events.
Experience and success with Social Media outlets are keys to being successful in this position. Please provide examples of recent relevant postings.
The tasks and work for this position can be completed remotely under current COVID-19 physical gathering restrictions through participation in online meetings and individual interviews. However, as these restrictions are lifted, the writer is expected to attend local Chamber events to gather background and first-hand knowledge of Chamber activities.
- Write creative and engaging articles about CCC activities and members
- Timely articles should:
- Inform and engage the Clarksburg community,
- Promote CCC member activities and businesses,
- Provide value to CCC members,
- Establish the CCC as trusted and active Upcounty resource
- Topics will include:
- CCC event promotions and summaries,
- business openings and events,
- member testimonials and success stories
- Status: independent contractor
- Duration: begin immediately and continue throughout 2021.
- Part time position (15-20 hours per week)
- Pay $15.00-$18.00/hour
- Write 10 to 15 articles per month